Monday, January 24, 2011

I think I'm in love

with this mantel from Tatertots and Jello



Particularly these Coffee Filter Pom Poms (is it just me, or do these totally channel an Anthropologie store display?)


I almost wish I hadn't decked my mantel's halls so early in the Vday game.

This weekend was filled with experimentation. Not only did my mom and I piece together stacks and stacks of wedding invitations (I cannot wait to show you the final product ... which probably won't be done until April) and cut out hundreds of black lace butterflies, but I also made an experimental batch of chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Experimental, as in, I'm-feeling-too-lazy to run to the grocery store for the real ingredients, so I'm going to use whatever is in my cupboard (think powdered sugar as opposed to regular sugar. think hot cocoa packets as opposed to cocoa powder).

And they were so mmm mmm good.

Especially after waiting tables all day in a restaurant that had no heat.

That's right. No heat

I'd like an order of experimental chocolate chip cookies, wedding invitations, and a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls, puh-lease!

How did you spend your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I wish I spent my weekend with you! :)

    ReplyDelete