Monday, January 24, 2011

Where it's warm and the cherry blossoms are blooming ...

It is the third week of school, and my graduate assistantship has (finally) started. In order to go to grad school tuition-free, I work as a tutor in the Writing Center (or, the ol' WC as we all affectionately call it).

Whenever I arrived at the WC today, I opened up the scheduler and saw that my favorite tutee, a woman named Ryoko, had made an appointment with me.

Ryoko made several appointments each week with me all last semester. Sessions with her were always so enjoyable, and today was no exception.

Today, via one of her papers, I got to learn about the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festivals that are going on right as we speak.






1, 2, 3, 4

And, did you know, right now in Okinawa, it's 70 degrees.

Even though I can only dream of 70 degrees, I can bring cherry blossoms right to my apartment with a little DIY origami.

Beautiful, yes?

All you need are branches, paper, and glue.

For an extensive tutorial, visit The Flirty Guide.

1 comment: